5.06.2009

Tagged by the Lovely Tina Tarnoff!

A couple of days ago I was tagged by the lovely and Talented Tina Tarnoff on her beautiful blog Thought Patterns. I feel so honored, as Tina is an incredibly talented artist and an all-around lovely person. Do check out Tina's amazing papercuts in her Etsy shop. So many of her works are on my wish list! For this "tag" I am supposed to name six (un)important things that make me happy, so here they are:

Organic Heirloom Tomatoes. I love food, just a little too much perhaps. My boy and I are already thinking about the organic heirloom tomatoes that we buy at our local weekly artist and farmer's market, and they won't even be available for another couple of months. We go to the market almost every Sunday in July and August for these. While there we imbibe in a fresh local beer and pick up a bottled Coke with real sugar (no corn syrup, thank you) from the Mexican food stand to enjoy later in the day. I love our summer Sundays. We often lunch on what I consider to be a southern (U.S.) delicacy: the Tomato Sandwich. Toast some good wheat bread, slice up a ripe non-refrigerated tomato, add a little mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and you have the perfect summer sandwich. I like to add a sprinkling of oregano to mine, although a true southern belle would shun me for that. (photo via sheknows.com)
Watching the night sky. The vast darkness and the twinkling of the zillions of stars and the steady glow of Mars and Venus can captivate me for hours. I love to look for shooting stars and play the "did you see it?" game with The Boy. And of course, if you're watching the night sky from a deserted beach or quiet island, all the better. (photo via theerrantaesthete.com)

Butterflies. (photo via mo.gov)
The luxury of sleeping in on a weekend (or even better a weekday) with the window open, listening to the rain as I drift in and out in that place between asleep and awake. On these very rare mornings I actually feel relaxed... (photo source forgotten - sorry!)
Minor League Baseball. I haven't been to a game yet this year and I'm craving it! (photo via flickr)
A spring, summer, or autumn evening on the patio or deck with My Boy, my two pups, and a few beers. We talk politics and brainstorm about project ideas and we talk of dreams for the future (both completely unattainable and those possibly within reach), while we stare out at the garden and the birds. Our yard draws quite an array of birds, even a few species that are not commonly seen in my area anymore. I just love watching the Bluebird pair and the Oriole pair that have returned this year. They like to hang out in the woods behind my house.
I tag:

Hello Victory
KB Design Stage Inspiration
Atomic Tea Party
mondmelodie
drollgirl
pretty. little. world.
Sara Says Awesome

Really, I tag ALL of my readers because I'd love to see what little things make you happy!

15 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

You have some of the BEST things that make you happy! All of them are right up my alley...especially watching the bluebirds which I miss so much. Sleeping, baseball, heirloom tomatoes...ok...I'm hooked!

rachaelgking said...

I know that butterfly! It's native to Costa Rica and one of their country's most common emblems- I have a gorgeous wine-holder with it painted on it. We saw soooo many- so very, very pretty!

veronica said...

When are you gonna tag me too ! hahaha...never mind.

See ya!

Cassaundra said...

thank you for tagging me! i love these things!

i love your list of favorites! i guess we have a lot in common because those are a few of my favorite things, too!

drollgirl said...

aw, you are too cool and you are LIVING THE LIFE!!! that is so great!

and i am craving a tomato sanwich something fierce right now! that sounds sooooooo good. i used to hate tomatoes but finally had some good ones. i am now HOOKED. :)

Tina Tarnoff said...

Oh my, I simply adore your list! I'm crazy about heirloom tomatoes and I dream to have a porch (and pups!) where I would sit with my love and talk about politics and our future! You're so lucky! And thank you so much for speaking so kindly about my work! You are a superstar! xoxoxo

Cassaundra said...

p.s.
this was my first time being tagged, so i really had a good time with it! thanks again!

Anonymous said...

The Apple Tree
------------------Girls----------------------
-------------are like apples---------------
--------on trees. The best ones-----------
------are at the top of the tree.--------
----The boys dont want to reach------
---for the good ones because they ------
-are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
Instead, they just get the rotten apples-
---from the ground that aren't as good,
but easy. So the apples at the top think
-something is wrong with them, when in
--reality, they're amazing. They just
---have to wait for the right boy to-------
----- come along, the one who's-----------
----------- brave enough to-----------------
-----------------climb all----------------------
----------------- the way---------------------
-----------------to the top--------------------
---------------- of the tree.-----------------

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;-)

Awesome Sara said...

I love these!! its nice to know all the cool things you write you are one interesting and awesome lady! i thought i was tagged? i don't see my name on the listy.

Hello Lindello said...

Hey! Can't wait to start my list when I get back (tonight!). I think its so adorable you love baseball! NYC was great but its nice to be almost home =)

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

those tomatoes look amazing...i made a pasta with just those, capers and breadcrumbs last night and it was amazing.

Awesome Sara said...

Thanks for tagging me!! We should run away to india together!! we would have so much fun !!

Kierstin Bridger said...

MONDAY I'll do mine!
Love your list! Simple pleasures, baby!
I must have tomatoes, though, RIGHT NOW!

kadler said...

Aww, one of the things I miss the most from the US (now that I live here in Hong Kong) is the night sky! No stars at all.