7.13.2010

Baby Finches!

This year's baby finches! Please forgive the poor quality of my pics. The ponytail plant where the nest rests is quite sheltered, and I didn't want to risk Mama bird believing that I'd somehow tampered with her babies. The babies left the nest a couple of days ago, which quite surprised me.
They were all piled atop one another crammed in the nest, then they all moved out in the flower pot, but didn't look nearly strong enough to fly. And then poof they were gone a few hours later.


Mama finch always watched from nearby when I peeked into the nest, and was quite vocal.
I miss those little guys already...

7 comments:

Kitty Stampede said...

precious little birdies!!
a baby cardinal learning to fly landed on our window pane a couple days ago, he was so cute. he had a little mohawk! i wish i had time to grab my camera before he flew away.

Blair McLeod said...

how precious! love baby birds!

Ruby said...

That is most amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!

Gabbi said...

So cute! Just this week I had lunch with one... :)

Sam said...

So sweet! A lovely photo essay Marsi - thank you so much!

Sam said...

So sweet! A lovely photo essay Marsi - thank you!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

What better gift than find something so sweet and innocent - I think these things pop up on those days when we need something to give us that extra boost that will keep us going, and help us believe in the miracles we need in our life.

~xOx