7.01.2010

Wonder Woman!

Recent rumors of a Wonder Woman Movie have been circulating on the web, complete with the "who will play her?" blog posts proposing Megan Fox, Katie Holmes, Jessica Biel, or even Beyonce. Sorry, but in my mind no one can compare to Linda Carter.

Wonder Woman rocks. I had the underoos to prove what a hard-core fan I was. My cousin had the bathing suit. I was green with envy.
And I'm not so sure I like the new costume that was just unveiled in the 600th issue of the comic book, "modernized" so that today's comic book readers can better relate to her.
I much prefer the spangled hot pants...
Or the original skirt and red go-go boots...
The Cathode Ray Choob posted an awesome article about Wonder Woman here. After reading it, I felt so nostalgiac that I added Season 1 to my Netflix queue.

Sources: jazjaz, the cathode ray choob, juvenile clothing, msnbc, dork dungeon, sublime femme

13 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

new version of her costume looks harsh where as the orig. was so All-American wholesome. Okay I just said my age loud & clear!

Loved this post Marsi. I feel 15 again. Hope you two have a wonderful, safe 4th weekend. xx deb

stylebyrachael said...

I agree about that outfit, I feel as though her original outfit is relatable again with all the Lady Gaga outfits out, and her new outfit looks more designed for a guys video game.

And i think Jessica Beil would be good, or even Scarlett Johanson. I am getting excited for this new movie!

molly said...

um, hello! it definitely should be rachel bilson. i mean, is it bad that when i think of wonder woman i just think of summer from the oc dressing up as her to seduce seth cohen? does that age me...?

Mandi said...

they can't just change wonder woman's outfit! geez.

Tina said...

I vote for the original ensemble also--that new look isn't cuttin' it. It does look like a video game but I know my gaming hubby would MUCH prefer the more revealing look of the original. Katie Holmes has the right face but she doesn't look tough enough to pull off the crime fighter persona. Beyonce? Um, no.

Christina said...

ok, if jessica biel play wonder woman, i'll barf.

The Red Umbrella said...

Now I can't wait for Halloween!

Sam said...

Linda Carter was such a stunningly gorgeous woman - that figure! Goodness me! Yes, there can only ever be one Wonder Woman I agree!

Kristen said...

She is the ultimate Wonder Woman... a movie would be awesome but no one would quite live up to her I think...

Jessica May said...

You are so right! No one will compare to her. Plus for me, Christopher Reeve is my only Superman.

Kitty Stampede said...

YES!!! I ADORE classic Wonder Woman!! I don't really think any of those ladies would be good, really. hmmm...who would be..i dunno.
Linda Carter was purrfect!

Beth said...

I think Molly makes a good point. Rachel Bilson totally rocked the WW costume!

Have a great Fourth of July, Marsi!

Heather Taylor said...

Don't be sorry about those crappy casting choices. They're awful. Especially Megan Fox.