7.16.2010

Summer Fun - 70's Style

As I've mentioned before, my city is hilly and most yards do not have large flat grassy areas suitable for lawn games. But I have fond memories of childhood vacations to Maryland and Connecticut to visit my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, where we spent our days on the beach...
(Source)
by the pool....
(Source)
running through the sprinklers...
(Source)
picnicking in the backyard...
(Source)
flying kites...
(Source)
playing croquet...
(Source)
badminton...
(Source)
tetherball...
(Source)
and Jarts (lawn darts)
(Source)
We are headed out of town again this weekend to visit my grandparents and spend some time with my sister's family at my Aunt & Uncle's house in North Carolina. I fully expect my 7 year old nephew to again beat us at croquet. He's a natural.
(Source)
It looks like some big life changes are ahead for Mr. Cheese and I starting next week. Perhaps it's fitting, since Sunday is our 1-year anniversary :) And no, I'm not pregnant. I promise details soon...

Disclaimer: DO NOT allow your three-year-old to play with lawn darts! Did parents have no sense in the 70's?

11 comments:

stylebyrachael said...

I love the pictures! So fun!

Christina said...

have a great weekend. these photos got me in the mood to romp around outside! interested in hearing about these changes :)

Cassaundra said...

sweet!

Lily Riani said...

u made me miss picnic.

10thAvenueEast said...

You tease! Way to leave us all hangin:) Have fun with the fam...sounds like a blast! And I lovelovelove the picnic photo with all those balloons, such an awesome picture!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Marsi this post was like a look into my childhood. Lot's of sprinkler running, croquet, swimming. Loved the photos, so perfect. Wishing you a happy 1st anniversary tomorrow. So very exciting. Had no idea you two were honeymooners. Anxious to hear about your life changes. They can be exciting but hard all wrapped up in a neat bow. Wishing you great fun with your family. Tell that nephew to keep up the great croquet playing!

All my best to you xx

Kitty Stampede said...

i used to LOVE badminton!! i've been actually thinking lately of getting a set of rackets and some birdies/shuttle cocks, whatever ya wanna call them..hehehe.
i adore sprinklers...used to love running through them too.

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful day. It's hard to believe, eh? We couldn't get over how fast a year could fly.

Can't wait to hear the big news!!!

Anonymous said...

AND BB guns....put your eye out!
have fun! smiles.

Don said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for those old-time pics!

Mona Kay Gorman said...

What great photos!! It's inspiring me to dig out some of mine. Thanks for the vintage montage!

Sam said...

I think we must be roughly the same age! These brought back memories! I'll have to keep an eye on your blog for the exciting news! Have a lovely week Marsi!