7.29.2010

Edward Cullen Comes to Town

I'll admit, I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies yet. I'm an odd girl and sometimes I hold off on caving to pop culture for as long as I can. Perhaps this would be a good weekend to get my Edward on. Tweens, teens, and 20-somethings within several hours of my city are freaking out right now over news that Robert Pattinson (and Reese Witherspoon) will be in my area for the next few days filming the movie "Water for Elephants".
Star fever is catching. I'm tempted to hang around downtown this weekend to watch the rabid fans trying to catch a glimpse of 'Edward' coming and going from his hotel. Web rumors are already flying: "My friend saw him by the Sting Ray tank at the Aquarium, and he blew her a kiss." (so not true)
Filming locations include the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (where scenes from other big movies have also been filmed in the past), and this house outside of Chickamauga, GA - about an hour from downtown Chattanooga. The film crew really wanted an authentically aged house. The house had been vacant for 12 years, and was without any electricity or water.
P.S. This post is dedicated to KS at While We're Waiting. Girlie, if I had known in advance that your man was going to be right down the road from me, I would have invited you down south for a Pattinson party :)

Source

9 comments:

stylebyrachael said...

Oh Marsi! I just got sucked into the Saga myself, don't see the movies, read the books! They are preteen books, so they fly by, but they are the reasons for the phenomenon!
And now I will have to read Water for Elephants! It's been on my list for awhile now, but I heard it was depressing. Back to B&N

Cassaundra said...

that's so cool! you should definitely go, he's a handsome devil!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I'd be downtown too laying my body across the road until I saw him pass bye (Reese too). He most definitely didn't get hit with the ugly stick as my mom use to say!! Keep us informed Marsi xx

Etsy Vintage Community said...

I'm a fan of the Twilight Saga--the books first, then the films. The third film, Eclipse, has really stepped up the anti, IMHO. No, it's not deep literature but it IS very enjoyable and entertaining. Water for Elephants is in my top 10 list of all time fave books--a must read. I have no idea why anyone would find it depressing...I thought it inspiring and delightful. Hope the film does justice to this beautifully crafted story. :)

10thAvenueEast said...

Too funny girl. Go be apart of the madness, when will you ever have the chance again? I can totally understand the crazyness you are in the middle of, I am in Washington. Forks(where they film all the movies) is a hop, skip, and a jump from where I reside so you can imagine the Rpats craze when they come to town. Go have fun! Be paparazzi for a day:)

Sam said...

Me too! I'm so behind on the whole vampire thing I can't tell you! As for pop culture - I still haven't seen "Titanic"! The little house/ museum looks so pretty - no wonder everyone has shot a film there!

Have a lovely weekend Marsi!

Blythe Hopes Vintage said...

Oh boy. Can I admit I fancy him a little bit?

Kristen said...

I die. DIE. How am I so in love with him?!? I am reverting to my teenage years when you thought you were actually in love with movie stars you would never meet... I want to marry him :)

I have been waiting all day to get home so I could come to your blog and check this out... I so wish I had come down to visit. I would find a way to meet him... and make him want to marry me... for sure!!

Such a fabulous post :)

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I haven't seen the Twilight movies either and probably won't. Not my thing...but I am so happy to hear Water For Elephants is going to be a movie! I hadn't heard that. We listened to the book on tape every morning on the way to work and were totally enthralled.