1.21.2011

Scandinavian Cottage Kitchen Inspiration

Combine the two kitchens pictured below and we're getting pretty close to my idea of the perfect cottage kitchen. All of that wood and 60's vintage enamel & glassware - oh my...


Images via My Scandinavian Retreat and Design is Mine

I'm looking forward to the weekend, although I am feeling a bit blue today. Two of our close friends were in a horrible accident while on a road trip to California (they were hit by a Semi on an icy bridge in Arkansas). They are very lucky to be alive, but I'm still wearing my worried face. I have a great distraction though - I'm lucky to work with a group of characters who keep me laughing even on my dark days.

8 comments:

Beth said...

I love both these kitchens. Just got a book about cottage-style decorating and have been having fun visualizing a wonderful kitchen filled with vintage items.

So sorry to hear about your friends' accident. That's very troubling indeed. I will say a prayer for them. ♥

drollgirl said...

oh these are LOVELY examples! i love the skandinavian stuff too!

so sorry to hear about your friends. ack! so scary! i sure hope they are going to be ok. sometimes life feels so carefree and fun, and sometimes it all seems so precarious! ack! you and your friends are in my thoughts. hugs to you all.

TERI REES WANG said...

Okay, so here is my new chant.
And it works, and it carries over too.
So I am sharing it with you....

"I am Safe"...
"I am Sane"....
"I am Satisfied" !!!

It has all the simplicity of a Scandinavian kitchen.

Lily Riani said...

i does remind me of my trip to sweden, my friend's kitchen does look abit like this. hahah

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your friends, but glad they are doing ok.

Anonymous said...

sorry about your friends.. i just dropped in to say your blog is beautiful, it's one of the few i keep checking...

Christina said...

oh no, i hope your friends recover quickly.
on a different note- i love the color of the kitchen in that last shot. so pretty.

Kitty Stampede said...

you said it. this look is quite ideal.

i would love to see your place..i betcha it's so cool.