5.30.2012

An offer of explanation...

My old friends, I owe you an apology for my sudden disappearance and lengthy absence. Contrary to popular belief, I have not become a cave-dwelling hermit. I have visited your blogs from time to time, quietly peeking into your goings on without making mention of my presence. It has been a strange and sometimes difficult time, causing me to withdraw from public appearance on the interweb.  Care for a recap of my year?
Last year I moved into a very stressful position at my company. Thus began the formation of many new wrinkles, and after long days on the computer at work, caused the breaking point of my blogging and tweeting. I was laid off 6 months later, along with 39 coworkers. This began an ongoing period of self-employment and the so-far-futile search for a decent job.

Lots of tornadoes swept my area last year. An F1 came through our neighborhood. We were very lucky - no damage to our house, but we lost some trees and had a squirrel fatality.
We lost a dear family member and truly good man - at far too young an age. My Mom experienced a serious illness for almost a year (thankfully she is now recovering).

I was lucky to spend a lot of time with my side of the family during trips to Athens, Texas, Louisiana, and Hilton Head (Mr. Cheese was along for some of these trips). We spent time with Mr. Cheese's side of the family in Tennessee.



We took side trips to Savannah, Tybee Island, and Beaufort. I'm so in love with the Lowcountry and the friendly locals that the area holds a special place in my heart. We took one whirlwind trip to Jacksonville/Amelia Island to see friends and walk the beaches. I took another trip to JAX for fun and therapeutic chick-time with one of my oldest friends, who has since moved to Maryland.



We went to the cabin, and visited the world's largest treehouse.

 Mr. Cheese and I have a new niece!
 I started running and became addicted to it. Unfortunately a hip injury has suspended my runs for the past 6 weeks. I was just able to walk two miles for the first time this week, so it will be a long road back. Boo.

That's a summary of my journeys (both physical and emotional) over the past 15 months.  I will soon be resuming regular posts and will be catching up with what you Lovelies have been doing! I know that there are new addresses, new babies, new business ventures, and so much more. Here's hoping that life is good for all of you!

XO,
Marsi



3 comments:

Beth said...

Yay, you're back!! So glad to see that you're posting again. Sounds like you have had quite a year of up's and down's. I hope that life is smoothing out a bit and that you'll be entering a very creative and satisfying period, Marsi.

Janne said...

Sorry to hear about all your struggles, but so nice to have you back in the blogsphere!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Oh Marsi - I can so relate!! You've had an enormous amount on your plate but so (and I mean SO) happy to know you are better and especially your mother. I was beyond thrilled to get your message; got a bit teary actually. The longer I've not blogged, the harder I feel like it is to even peek into the blog world. I am grateful for good health and I really hope your long road to healing is almost to it's end. It's something now I'm always aware of; being healthy and content. I started a new job once we got to Aberdeen, and sit at a computer all day. It's not want I want to be doing, but it's work. I'd rather being sitting at a computer doing something creative at least. You've inspired me in a big way to start writing. Never thought I'd have a 9 mo. writers block!!! Congrat's on the birth of your sweet niece and here's to new adventures, and careers. Thanks for thinking of me, I am very grateful.

love,
Deb