4.14.2009

All the Pretty Flowers

Offbeat Bride's Flickr Pool is too much fun! There are a lot of unusual weddings that aren't particularly my taste, although I appreciate them for how personal they are to each bride and groom. The photographs of the flowers are my favorites. Even for a more traditional and preppy gal like me, there are so many lovely ideas. I love the yellow poms and use of steel cans as vases below. My Mom is an amateur florist, so she will be making my arrangements, and we are definitely going to borrow the can idea for our tiny outdoor wedding.
The flowers below are crepe paper. I love them! At a thrift store a couple of miles from my house I found an book entirely dedicated to making paper flowers, so when I have a bit of free time I'm going to get crafty and try to make some. As a child living in San Diego, every few months we would go to Old Town (like a Little Mexico) and my sister and I each brought home a giant crepe paper flower as a souvenir. I kept my paper flower arrangement until I was in my teens and they were just too dusty and impossible to clean, and getting pretty tattered. I miss them. I still remember exactly what they looked like.

11 comments:

Blythe Hopes Vintage said...

So pretty CC :)

Jamie said...

Wow! I have never seen paper flowers look SO real...that is awesome

Single Lady said...

These are gorgeous flowers, what a great idea to make them out of crepe paper. I've seen some window displays on Oxford Street using flowers like this and they look great too.

Anonymous said...

wow, I've tried to make crepe-flowers, and they were triple-t-terrible. But I'm sure with such inspiration and memories, yours will be gorgeous!

drollgirl said...

these are so bright and pretty!!! and i would have frowned at the thought of crepe paper flowers, but seeing them has made me change my mind! lovely!!! woo hoo!!!!

Awesome Sara said...

oooooooo, so pretty, i likes the pretty things

Cassaundra said...

i love the tin can flower vases!
gorgeous!
i also use pasta sauce jars for buttons, flowers, rocks, etc ... that might be good for a wedding idea, too!

Hello Lindello said...

These are gorgeous. I'm going to the market tomorrow to buy some fresh flowers. I miss the smell.

kadler said...

These are so fun. I just want to cover my ceiling with them to enjoy every day.

Unknown said...

wow, crepe paper...really!?!? those flowers look gorgeous!!! i might just give that a try...
xoxo

lil.sunshine said...

lovely.. what's the book called, the one that you've found?