4.26.2009

Meet the Polaroid Swinger

I'm back.....

So sorry to disappoint, but I haven't had a chance to upload and organize my hundreds of trip photos yet. You know how it is when you go on vacation - it takes a week to catch up on stuff when you return. I promise lots of lovely Florida pics and stories over the next week. I also will be catching up on all of your blogs, including checking out my new followers and all of you other lovelies who left comments for me while I was away.

In the tiny town of Micanopy, Florida I happened upon an old battered case for the original Polaroid Swinger Land Camera #20, and since then the boy and I have been slightly obsessed with "The Swinger".

The boy found this 1960's commercial for the original Polaroid Swinger on youtube. Starring Ali McGraw and featuring a super-catchy jingle by Barry Manilow (his best song EVER), it is one of the best vintage ads I have ever seen. Did I mention it is set on the beach?

Images below were found searching flickr for "Polaroid Swinger". Surprisingly, all of the images are recent except for the last two, which are vintage 1960's. They are amazing!








10 comments:

kadler said...

Yayyy! You're back. And these are awesome pics. Can't wait to see the rest :)

Jamie said...

Love the pics and so glad your back. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hello Lindello said...

Welcome back! These pictures are so fun to look at. I can't wait to see more! I know how draining it feels to get back from a trip. Your happy your home, but you have so much stuff to do and catch up on. Good luck!

Pretty Little World said...

This is a wonderful find and collection indeed!

Welcome back and I can't wait to see your photos!

Anonymous said...

those swimsuits are so great!

do you remember the apollo earrings giveaway from leah sakellarides on joanna's blog a few weeks ago?! well leah is giving away another beautiful piece this week on my blog, macaroni club! she is so talented, and so sweet to do this! i'd like to invite you to come visit macaroni club, and if you like this piece of leah's, sign up to win it!
xo... sarah

drollgirl said...

what a totally killer camera!!!! and these shots are just amazing! WOO HOO!!!!!

Tina Tarnoff said...

Damn, I so want a polaroid camera - I love that commercial!

Awesome Sara said...

i love that camera!!! welcome back!!! i'm happy now.

Kitty Stampede said...

hahahaha...that little ditty of a commercial is so great, very happy.
Those pics are super swell...I want a Polaroid Swinger!!

Maia said...

Great collection of shots. I love that car!