4.29.2010

The Motherload!

Remember that I mentioned in a prior post that last weekend was the BEST estate sale weekend for me ever? Well, here's a preview of some of the items I'll be listing in the shop when I return from Texas next week. (And I didn't even have a chance to photograph the teak folding tables that we picked up). First up, two sets of Ben Seibel Jenfred-Ware bookends, folk Art from El Salvador, teak trivets, danish modern letter holder, teak bowl from Denmark, letter openers, Danish modern salt & pepper shakers, mod perpetual calendar, and mid-century cat dish...
Tell Me, Cat (this book is so fun that I will have to scan some photos for a future post!), assorted kitsch-y kitchen items, beautiful old illustrated copy of The Illiad, jewelery, trippy zodiac puzzle, eyeglass cases, and Dikes and Bikes, a mid-century Netherlands travel guide with the coolest illustrations...
Aprons, Copco enamel Skillet, Canister, Tupperware ketchup & mustard picnic pumps, very old ceramic fruit wall hangings, and a fabulous 60's flamingo...
Flower suitcase, faux bois desk file organizer, omelette pan, unused Dansk napkins in package, and a 1970 flower power quilting/needlepoint wall hanging kit with instructions & thread (fun timing finding that because the always fabulous Brini Maxwell just posted about vintage needlepoint and craft kits!)
I didn't even have a chance to clean anything before leaving for my vacation, but you see what will be keeping me busy for a couple of weeks when I get back. I can't wait!

10 comments:

Christy said...

WOW! That truly is the motherload!!! I LOVE that folk art AND the kitchen stuff!!!

Great FINDS!!

Barbara said...

Wow, can't wait til you list them!!

Hello Lindello said...

::gasp:: for reals?! ding ding ding. Girl, you hit the jackpot!

Beth said...

Nice going, Marsi! My faves are the Dansk napkins and the flamingo!

Lily Riani said...

i like ALLLLLL the stuff on the last pic.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I'd say you struck paydirt for sure! Did you have any idea what you were walking into? Lucky you.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I think it's mother&father LOAD!
Love the teak wood pieces!
Hope you will sell them like hot cakes! Sometimes, I wish I had time to set up my own etsy shop...so FUN!!!
One day perhaps errr???

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You had me @ Ben Seibel!! Why can't I find the motherload? ; D

Sam said...

Oh la la! This is one awesome set of goodies!!! Will be keeping an eagle eye on your shop!!!

Christina said...

you have an amazing eye! i must check out the new additions in the shop.