4.26.2010

Remember when TV's looked cool?

I'm off to Texas for 8-9 days to visit my family, but this is the first of a few posts I prepared in advance. I can't wait to catch up with everyone when I return!

We finally rid ourselves of the hulky black box 27" TV that has been sitting in our garage for the past couple of years (for a piddly $15 at our yard sale). And although I appreciate the streamlined modern shape and of course the picture and audio quality of flatscreens, televisions just seem that to have lacked any personality these past three decades.
here
here
Ok, not a TV, but I happened upon this cool Antenna for sale on Etsy. It's Art!
My husband and I had our best week of estate sale-ing ever! There were several good sales, but of course my favorite was the Danish Modern sale. Pictures of the house and the load of goodies we purchased are coming later in the week!

11 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

You're right, they have been lacking in personality lately!
I love the ones with legs.
~Michelle

India @Apt528 said...

I agree. TV's used to be so neat back then. Telestar's (5th picture down) are actually being reproduced if you have a couple thousand to drop on one. http://blog.apt528.com/2010/04/telestars-are-back.html

Anna @ IHOD said...

love this! so true...now its about how flat we can get them:)
estate-saleing is so fun...doing that this weekend!

stylebyrachael said...

It's so crazy how TVs looked like space gear! Now when I look at my TV it seems so boring! Fun post!

Hello Lindello said...

Totally. I wish TV's still looked cool. Theyre so boring now!

Sam said...

My, my, my! They look like they're from another planet now - those biggies were still OK less than 5 years ago! They did have character - you're right! Hope you had a lovely weekend!

drollgirl said...

ha! i never thought i'd look back at old tv's with fondness, but you have made me do EXACTLY that! i love the rounded glass and funky shapes. i love me a flat screen, but they really don't have much style, do they?

hope your pup is going to be ok, and that it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. i lost my arm on saturday, and methinks i'll lose my leg today when i see the 2nd vet bill. ay yi YI.

Diana said...

These look so cool!

My husband's library has an old vintage Tv and on it, the manager put a "READ INSTEAD" graphic on it. So cool! I've also seen people take out the screen and use it as a bookshelf.

Pretty Little World said...

That little yellow TV is wonderful!! Congrats on finding new estate sale goodies -- I can't wait to see them!

Kitty Stampede said...

COOOL! I love them. I've always been attracted to old vintage tv's even when i was a kid...while we had the black,boring bulky ones, there were always a couple really old ones hanging around at my grandparents house and i used to try to get them working. i want one so bad of all of a sudden.
That antenna is nutzoid..hahaha.

The Red Umbrella said...

Time to sit down, put my feet up , and watch some Bonanza!