9.21.2009

Last day of Summer...

Monsoon season continues here. Over a foot a foot of rain has fallen in the past week (4 1/2" fell in one hour on the 17th, and homes within 1/2 mile of my house were evacuated due to flash flooding). To brighten my spirits I've compiled a few of my favorite end-of-summer Etsy vintage finds. In the south, it's still warm enough (if not currently dry enough) for sandals and minis. Although it has been about 10 years since I could carry off this Chess Board micro mini dress, I'm still completely in love with it and it has brought about nostalgia for my early 20's skinny, going-out, stylish self. This dress would look unbelievably cute paired with black boots or the sandals pictured below it. From JessJamesJake. $42
I continue to profess my love for everything kelly green. These fab Saks Fifth Avenue sandals are from Art Deco Dame. $24.99
This lovely fall picnic basket easily transitions from summer into autumn, a perfect time for picnics! From Happy Day Vintage, who had me at "it even fits a bottle of wine (believe me, I checked)". $33
You know I love anything cheese-related. How awesome is this retro cheese board, and wouldn't it be perfect to bring along with the wine in your fall picnic basket (above)? Ok, so perhaps this piece was designed to be a trivet, but wouldn't a big wedge of havarti or gouda look cute on it? From Suzis Corner Boutique. $10
Perfect for any season, a gorgeous antique art nouveau red flower necklace from boylerpf. I would feel like a princess while wearing this. And it's only $45!
Happy last day of summer to you all. I hope those of you in a dry place get outside an enjoy it!

10 comments:

Christina said...

that little mini could translate to the fall with a pair of tights! i really like the pattern on that cheese board. you know some counties schools closed b/c of the rain today? crazy.

DaMonique said...

I love all the vintage finds! Great selection for end of summer/beginning of fall! Love this time of year- although not sure I could handle all that rain... here Up North it's actually been warmer than it was in July! Weather's been a lil' wacky this year!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Well, thank you! I would love to rock that mini..unfortunately my days of minis are long gone. But I know a tray of cheese, a nice bottle of wine, a comfy blanket and a picnic are right up my alley!

dinkinflicka said...

Love the mini dress!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Wish I could wear stuff like that. Sadly, I'm too fat.
Stay dry, and don't worry, fall is coming to the South eventually!

drollgirl said...

you have such fabulous stuff! i love the dress (which i might have been able to wear at age 7, but no way now!) and that beautiful necklace!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I am so in love with that necklace. Such a lovely find!

Hello Lindello said...

Cute dress! I hope you guys stay dry. Thats a ton of rains! At least you can wear cute wellies and get cozy inside :)

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

very very nice finds ..; I really like this lovely cheese board ... REALLY !

kadler said...

Omg - that dress is perfection!