9.11.2009

My new handmade shop!

Woo-hoo! My handmade shop is finally opened: McGo Studio. My current inventory is made up of a series of art tiles made by my family: My aunt (the oh-so-talented sculptor who created the masters), my Dad (maker of the molds and tiles), and myself (sanding, buffing, and patina work). We have birds:
Kitties, Horses, and Insects:
Boats and Babes:
And I have to tell you how delighted I was to receive an e-mail from CaitlinSainio last night telling me she had included our copper cockatoo tile in her beautiful treasury!

Here is the direct link to the treasury:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=81059

I hope to add some woodworking and upcycled mixed media works to the shop over the next few months, but first I still have work to do on the art tile part of the shop, as I want to offer the option for simple framing and attaching hangers to the backs of the tiles. (Most of them don't have hangers because they were originally created more for installation in bathrooms and kitchens, but we found there was a lot of interest in using them for movable art). I also have several more boxes of tile inventory to bring back from my parents house in Texas, so this should keep me busy for a while :)

This weekend I'm either going to work on the shops, clean house, and work in the yard, or play hooky and go backpacking. What are you up to? Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Wow talented family! All the best in this new creative business venture!! xo*

Kitty Stampede said...

Ohmigoodness!! Amazing. I just might have to try and scrounch some moula for one of these beauties...wow. You do have much talent in your fam! You must thrilled.
My father does a lot of tilingin kitchens,bathrooms etc for his business...I will totally have to show him these!!!

Have a Great Weekend Mrs.Cheese!!!:0)

Christina said...

oh my goodness, this is so exciting! i love that so many people had a hand in these beautiful works. i'm off to check out the shop now:)

Tina Tarnoff said...

congratulations!! the shop looks abolutely lovely!! the birds, oh, the birds are just stunning! xoxo

Pyzahn said...

Ooooo, those tiles are fabulicious. I'm bookmarking the link.

Don't forget to put on your agenda this weekend some time to make a blingee for prattle!

Amanda K said...

Those look lovely!
Have a great weekend!

Beth said...

Congratulations on your new shop! Hope it brings you lots of joy & dollars!

Mandi said...

aw, they are all so pretty! i loooove the nice patina look, and i think it is fantastic that it was the efforts of several family members :D

Cassaundra said...

that is incredibly cool!

really beautiful stuff .. and such a talented family you must have!

austin-sara.blogspot.com said...

i love it all!!!

Shokoofeh said...

wow great!
congratulations!

:)

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Your talents know no bounds? Best of luck to you & the whole family..you will do fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oh, these are pretty interesting stuff you have here.. :) cool.

Hello Lindello said...

No Way! These are awesome. I love the name too :) Congrats and I cant wait to see what keeps coming!

Ps. thanks for all the nice comments while I was away :)

Unknown said...

Truly, this is A-mazing. thanks for commenting on my blog too! ;)

Teresa @ good-grace said...

omg... these are gorgeous! Congrats to you and the family on a job well done - and best wishes on MUCH success. :)