9.24.2009

Vintage Inc.

Although I live in a mid-sized city with lots of antique malls and stores, there isn't one mid-century vintage shop. To my delight, a fantastic vintage store named Vintage Inc opened a little over a year ago near my home-away-from-home small town: Crossville, Tennessee (just a mile or two away from my beloved Cumberland Mountain State Park). Do not judge the store by their sad little website. The prices are really reasonable, and the store always has a huge variety of furniture, lamps, decor, fabric, handbags, clothing, clocks, art, dinnerware, and more. I spoke with the owner last year when I first visited the store, curious how she picked this location for a shop. She said that she and her husband were considering a move from their home state of Florida, and they fell in love with the Cumberland Plateau and bought acreage there. First up: rattan sofa, apostrophe side tables, and lamp set in excellent condition (of course, these were gone the next time I visited the shop). To my recollection, the entire set was $600.

Televisions, art by Shag, books, magazine, ashtrays, rugs, side tables, barkcloth drapes, magazine racks...
A Sputnik fixture...
Lots and lots of Heywood Wakefield including side tables, dining tables and chairs.
Retro TV sitting atop one of a pair of speakers...
Gorgeous Heywood Wakefield desk and chair. The lower drawers are actually file drawers that just appear to be two separate drawers. $400 for the set.


The exterior is understated, so you really have to be on the lookout for this place. A GPS is helpful.
So if you're within a few hours drive, I highly recommend a trip to Crossville to visit Vintage Inc. Perhaps a visit during next year's Highway 127 Corridor Sale?

8 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

A Crazy-Ultra-Fabulous find!

Beth said...

I would love to have the red chairs & the fabulous little red TV!

Hello Lindello said...

oh me oh my. i love stores like this! such a treat when they open up their doors near you huh?

Kitty Stampede said...

This place looks like a dream come true. I would dye in there. I think I am going to go antiquing today and splurge on something I can't afford..hehehe,you can find things for $10 sometimes..hee.

Christina said...

oh my gosh, it's like a little vintage decor heaven. i must go!

me melodia said...

i died.

I can't visit it because these photos already killed me.

Teresa @ good-grace said...

o. m. g!! speechless...

(you KNOW I love it!!) :)

yummychummy said...

OMG my dream store!