3.07.2009

Car Art

Isn't this car fantastic? I happened upon this during a bike ride in Cedar Key, Florida a couple of years ago. The car was for sale, and I often wonder if it is still on the road somewhere. I have no idea if the car actually ran, and the hood didn't even look like it closed properly. Maybe fate will cause our paths to cross again one day. Click on the pics to enlarge.
Beads, little girl's plastic hairbrushes, an odd old lady doll (which looks familiar, can anyone I.D. her?), old matchbox cars, those funny round disposable ladies razors, beads, beads, and more beads...
Pumps, Handbags, Jello molds, curlers....Oh look, you can make out the owner's phone number in this photo! I'm not brave enough to call, but maybe someone out there can find out the story behind this piece of car art.
I should have taken a detail pic of the 45's to see what this car was playing.
And the small flames by the wheel well are the perfect finishing touch. Fantastic!

5 comments:

Awesome Sara said...

OMG, I love it!!! I want to do this to my car!!!

drollgirl said...

it looks like the work of larry fuente, but i could be wrong. it is super cool, for sure!

Marie said...

This is awesome. Hope someone is brave enough to call and posts what they learn here....

Jamie said...

Yes I SO love this car! Although would love to grab a few beads off for jewelry making too...lol..

Cassaundra said...

can you imagine driving around in such a piece of art?!

amazing!

and what intricacies!

you've got to wonder about the story ...

great post :o)