3.02.2009

The "Tin Can Tourists" in Cedar Key

If you have checked out my links to the side, you've probably seen Vintage Trailer Crazy, one of my favorite websites. It is full of restored travel trailers and campers from the 50's and 60's. I'll post pics of some another time, but last night I happened upon a slide show on the Cedar Key Beacon website and just had to share some fun pics of the "Tin Can Tourists" gathered in Cedar Key, Florida.

No matter who you are, where you are, or what your mood - you have to smile when you see this!
This picture isn't even staged. This is just what this couple's campsite looks like. I want to visit and have fruity umbrella drinks with these people.
Too cute tiny camper in turquoise. Martinis anyone?
Classic Airstream. Stunning in its simplicity.
Yes, the sunsets really are this pretty in Cedar Key, no photoshop necessary. I love this tiny island, and that's why I'm getting married there.

9 comments:

drollgirl said...

oh, those airstream trailers are super cool. i had an ex-boyfriend that got one for $700. super super super cool.

and that island looks gorgeous -- bet your wedding will be FAB!

kadler said...

Woah, those are awesome. I want a car that smiles!!

Awesome Sara said...

AW the frst one is adorable!!! i wonder if i can out a smilely face on my car

Awesome Sara said...

you have an award on my blog!

rachaelgking said...

I so want the turquoise! With a side of that sunset, please!! :-)

Joanna Goddard said...

oh how amazing! i would love this:) your wedding is going to be beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I live in New England and informed my husband that when I was young, I could be cold. And I don't mind getting old. But I will never be old and cold. Period. Now I know where to move! As for weddings, yours will be wonderful. Every second is a memory, so all you need to do is laugh, kiss, and enjoy.

Julie said...

my grandparents live in Cedar Key and it is one of the most unique places i have ever been!!

Unknown said...

That is my silver trailer and it is not an airstream but an Avion. That trailer is a 1957 Avion Regal made in Michigan. Similar but different for sure.