3.16.2009

Etsy Finds: Hawaiian Dresses

Get ready for summer! I think my spring fever has already morphed into summer fever, if there is such a thing. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find a fantastic dress at an estate sale: an empire-waisted blue cotton barkcloth Hawaiian maxi dress, with slighty puffy sleeves and a hibiscus motif. I'm a bit camera-shy, so I won't be modeling it for the blog anytime soon, but it really reminded me of the dresses my Mom brought back from my parents' wedding in Honolulu in 1970. Sadly, I have no idea what ever happened to those dresses. There are so many hot Hawaiian dresses on Etsy, I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites:
Strapless Canary Yellow Beauty from NikitaJade. $15 (a steal!). NikitaJade also has a gorgeous blog that I read daily, called pretty. little. world.

Your Carrot Orange Floral Dress from jessjamesjake. Sometimes it's chilly and your fabulous island dress needs to have sleeves. $52.
Flutter Sleeve 70's Sundress from cloudninevintage. Is it possible to be in love with a dress? $48
Another lovely find from NikitaJade: Blue Hawaiian Cotton Day Dress. $46.50.
70's Fumi Hawaiian Cotton Garden Party Maxi Dress from artsyshopper. Think the front of this dress is stunning? Wait until you see the back! $45

10 comments:

Biba said...

Yay spring! Cool dresses, i love the third one! Lucky for me my mum has hoarded all her 70's clothes in the loft ;)

Cassaundra said...

yes ... i think it is possible.

i love the first one and how it reminds you of your parent's wedding.

rachaelgking said...

Oh, I LOVE the blue! And the orange! Love love love! Damn you, temptress...

rachaelgking said...

I bought the blue one. Now see what you've done! :-)

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

They all look so comfy! Love the bright colors.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Yay Lilu! So glad that happy blue dress has a happy new home! It is too cute...

drollgirl said...

that blue one sure is cute!

Awesome Sara said...

that orange is ymmy

kadler said...

I'm such a fan of hawaiian dresses for the summer. I mean, why not, right?

I kind of super want that blue one.

Pretty Little World said...

Thank you so much for the inclusion in your lovely post!!