3.14.2009

The Hemingway House: Key West, Florida

It is still gray and rainy here, which propels me toward happy sunny places (in my mind anyway). Today's sunny place is Earnest Hemingway's home in Key West. Photos courtesy of Flickr (users Nerboo and jwerry).
I would never want to leave this garden. Can you imagine a working in a writing library or studio in a place so beautiful?!
Those arched windows, lots of wrought iron railing against the chartreuse and green...
I dig the little elephants guarding the pool.
Deco bathroom tile with a fish motif. And it's yellow!

4 comments:

Cassaundra said...

so cool!

hemingway was an awesome dude.

Jamie said...

Wow I feel like I just went on vacation...booo its over..more pics!

Pretty Little World said...

That house is just lovely -- you're absolutely right -- I would never leave!!

Key West is a really beautiful place. I've only been once, but I keep hoping to go back some day. Even though it's in Florida, it really feels like you're far away from everything!

Haute Country Vintage Co. said...

EEeeeek! girl you're killin' me with all the AMAZING old house pics ;D

This is one of my FAVS! i'd NEVER leave ('cept maybe hurricane season,lol)